Monday, January 12, 2009

Bread Baking for the Non-Baker

A majority of those who know me know that I can spend my entire day making bread without much thought. Bread Baking is my security blanket. The problem is it's not something I can run to the kitchen and do quick, before work. Your typical bread baking experience will last around 4 hours which is usually a bit more than people are willing to sacrifice. Luckily, for those who are intimidated by the kneading and the rising etc, a short cut has been developed. 

No Knead Bread

I learned about this newfangled version of home made bread during a pastry seminar last winter. Had the person telling me about it not been a certified Pastry Chef, I would have called him crazy. Never the less, I tried it out and it was a huge success. It takes less physical labor than pretty much anything else I bake. The bread has an awesome flavor on it's own, but it's also a perfect base for spices, cheeses, or anything else you can think of. If you have the time to spare (you do), I suggest you give this recipe a shot.  

No comments: